He's funny and thinks everything is funny and should be a game. So if you tell him no he waits them laughs and does whatever you said no to. The game could go on forever. I've slapped his hand over and over and he just laughs. With Talia at 6 months it took one hand slap and then she never threw food on the floor again. Also I could never spank that girl because it would traumatize her for life. Even some timeouts are traumatizing enough for her. SO with him he usually just laughs with those punishments. Anyways here it is his timeout spot (until he figures out how to open the sliding doors) and yes it's gated off because there's no hope for him staying in a spot. Hopefully by the time he figures out how to open the sliding doors he'll be able to stay in one spot.
So funny because Talia went to the gate and check on things and he managed to to harass her in there. He grabbed her "num nums" aka her blanky and he has a stronger grip so he held on and just laughed. I kind of laughed too. I know I shouldn't have- he's in timeout!
Anyways it seemed to work he hasn't climbed on a chair since and he looks at me when he's tempted.
He's a funny kid. Understands us but he doesn't talk at all. He makes sounds and says gaga, dada but not to us. He tries to sing and he loves to dance. He's actually very loud. I guess my brother didn't talk till he was 3 and Jace makes similar sounds to what Blake did. I actually love it and he stays my baby longer.
Anyways here's to hoping I can figure out how to teach Jace better. It's just tricky having two kids that actually have to be parented VERY differently.
Does any of you have to parent your kids different? I never hear about it from my mom or mother in law about parenting differently for different kids. But trust me when I say I actually NEED to with these two. Just wondering if you have too as well...
3 comments:
Sounds exactly like our boy.......loves to tease and doesn't take anything seriously!!
I have had to parent my kids the exact opposite from each other. I am still trying to figure it out ;)
Well, I just have the one, but Balian sounds EXACTLY like Jace. Seriously. I am constantly slapping his hand and he learns nothing. And he thinks everytime i say no it's hilarious and starts laughing. Which makes me laugh! If you figure something out that works let me know :)
I feel like I am way more lenient with Benton than with Clark when he was the same age. I put Clark in time outs and hand slapped. I don't do any of those things with Benton. He is a little trouble maker, maybe even more than Clark was. But he seems like such a little baby still that I can't slap his hand. (he has me wrapped around his little finger!) Scott did once and I almost started crying. But yes all my boys are so different. Knowing how to discipline my kids is so hard for me! I don't want to be too strict but I don't want them to be spoiled.
Post a Comment