Yes a vacation with kids is not the same as a vacation without kids but we all really needed to have a break. Jason found this really nice little house that we rented for the week. It had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a nice kitchen with a cute little breakfast nook, a reading area, and a little living room with a TV hooked up with direct TV so the kids stayed entertained at times. The house also had it's own pool and hot tub, a wicked BBQ, table and chairs outside, and a hammock. Jason thought the house was OK but I thought it was so cute with lots of character. Backyard was great.
Sadly I didn't get any pictures of Jason's brother Robbie and his wife Cammie who met up with us for 3.5 days. Talia loves those two!!! It was nice to have another couple there as well so we could play some cards and just catch up. Having Jason's siblings scattered all over the States it was nice they could come because we don't get to see any of them near as much as we would like.
This post is mostly going to be a picture post of our trip.
When I saw this picture at the airport I hoped people on the flight with us would remember this...
Cute little play area they have now at the Edmonton airport
gravol for the way there and when he woke up Jace was how I expected him to be- busy!
Talia was good on the way out. She got suckers, mentos, gum- you name it!
This was Jace, couldn't stay still and loud haha but no worse than I thought he'd be.
Crazy hair filled with sunscreen
Our first day there we went to the Newport Beach. It was 15 minutes away from our place. It was cooler at the beach but where our house was in Tustin it was really warm the day.
Our first day there we went to the Newport Beach. It was 15 minutes away from our place. It was cooler at the beach but where our house was in Tustin it was really warm the day.
Jace would not leave me and would not touch the sand so Jace and I were best friends that day and Talia was in heaven building sand castles with Jason.
That's our hot tub in the background. Talia was not a fan of swimming unless she was in the hot tub! In fact she loved the hot tub so much while I was taking the next photo she thought she'd get a closer feel!
Jace and Me on the hammock
Yep she went in with her clothes- couldn't help but laugh.
I believe this photo is out of order but this is often how they looked while travelling. Either both asleep or one. But they did get used to sleeping in the car.
Second time at the beach. It was windy but it was fun. We even saw a big fat sea lion!
Our day at Disneyland. Talia loved it because she LOVES any princess. It was a perfect day to be there. Warm but not HOT.
Tea cups!
Jace liked going around but mostly he liked just being outside. He did great this day. Even took a 2 hour nap in his stroller.
Belle her favorite. She didn't say much to them but she ran right up for a BIG hug.
Jason and I had no idea who this Princess was but Talia loved her! ha
Talia really wanted her face painted. So cute eh?
Probably Talia's favorite part meeting mini.
I remember as a kid being in Mini's house and thinking how great it was!
So this was probably the best thing we did. We bought a ticket to this buffet where the kids could eat and meet a bunch of the characters. Talia was in HEAVEN!!! She didn't even eat much because she had to hug and meet Mini I think 7 times and then the other characters. Mini gave her "lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of kisses"
Jace of course going after her nose. So jace haha!
K this video just makes me smile. How cute is Mini and don't you wish you dance and be that cute? Also while Mini was dancing I looked over and saw Jace dancing pretty good. The video doesn't give do him justice.
Snow white who gave her "kisses lips" on her hand
Curio which she just ended up licking
Going on the train.
This girl cracks me up. She knows English to well. She told me to "chill out mom", or told me enough once, she also uses words attached to her sentences like "although" "actually" "just one second" "I can't do that right now because"
She's becoming cheeky! The picture describes it all.
BUT she also is the mostly cuddly girl ever. If you ever need a hug just ask her.
by the pool
Jace locked us out of our rental house while in California. Jason and I were cleaning the pool and have thought he'd lock the screen door. Tried to teach talia how to open it that didn't work. So Jason tried to teach her how to unlock the front door while he was doing that I looked through the kitchen window and see jace on top of the table. Thankfully talia figured the front door out and Jace didn't jump off the table. Jace is a funny busy boy!
At Sea World. They liked it but both kids were probably the most tired they'd been so far. So we didn't stay as long as Disneyland.
Totally different show now that they don't get in the water with the whales
These head phones and the ability to watch tree house on west jet saved us with Talia.
Jace was better on the way home that on the way there.
We survived and I feel grateful that we could go on a vacation with our little family. It was a good break. BUT Jason did just say we need a vacation from our vacation haha!
2 comments:
Looks like a great family trip! Fun times!! The princess Talia loved but you didn't know who she was is from "The Princess & The Frog". :)
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-princess-and-the-frog/images/9987448/title/princess-frog-tiaa-naveen-wallpaper
looks like so much fun. i really can't wait for the day when we take our kids to disneyland. hopefully sooner than later as austin will be 11 this year!! YIKES!
Post a Comment