Friday, December 9, 2011

Visit from Cousin claire and Julie!

This past weekend (Thursday night till Tuesday morning) Jason's sister and her baby (18 month old) Claire came to visit us. It was a lot fun. Talia's at the stage where she's finally plays good, given the odd "mine" comment. Anyways Claire is an easy going girls who plays great as well. They got along SO well. It was easy to have them and we could just them go and play where ever without worry. Talia still asks "where'd Claire go Mommy?"
It was so much fun seeing Julie as well. I love Jason's siblings the problem is everyone lives SOOOO far away. I blame BYU for this, although I guess if they didn't go they wouldn't have found all my awesome in-laws! Anyways that's a whole other discussion. Julie has been travelling around for the past 4 weeks going with her husband Brian to residency interviews. We're grateful she was able to make a detour up to Edmonton. Thankfully Richard, Leslie, and their new baby Benson live a block away so us 9 (5 adults and 4 kids) spent a lot of time together those 4 days. It was a lot of fun.
Who knows when we'll see them next. She' pregnant with twins so hopefully when she has the babies we'll plan a trip to wherever they live and visit them. 
Claire and Talia playing piano! They both know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star pretty good so they sang it all weekend!

Terrible photo (from iphone and I guess I couldn't get a clear one with all 4 of them)
We went to galaxy land for the free rides for kids under 2. Yes we did tell them Talia was 2 months over 2 and maybe because she looks younger than ever 2 year old they still let her in free. Thank you Galaxy Land ha! Richard and Leslie went on the mind bender. I think Richard realized the roller coaster wasn't as smooth as he remembered he had a pretty sore back. I think Leslie and I need to go on a rides date because we like rides and the Lows feel sick. I wish I went on a couple.

Alright I've never been in this place but I actually loved it! For the most part they played in the balls and went on the kids slide. But since I am the shortest in the family and NOT pregnant I took Claire and Talia up on 2 slides. Little did I know they were the fastest slides I've ever been on. I think I scared Claire a bit but it was a lot of fun. Jace also loved the balls. I think we'll have to go back!

Loving the balls

Sitting on the bed watching TV while we got ready. Sitting was a rare occasion with these two.


Since Claire always got her hair done Talia this weekend insisted on have "piggies". I think they're SO cute!

And just thought I'd add this photo. I was busy doing something and when I went to go look at Jace apparently he found Talia's chocolate covered marshmallow and ate 80% of it. He looks in shock when I took it away. I was doing so good with not giving him tons of junk or unnecessary sugar (like I did Talia) but I guess he found it himself.

3 comments:

blehr said...

A ball pit!! Fun!! I am going to have to take Ty! I have been looking for a place that has one, I never thought of Galaxy Land. Ty loves balls, so I think he will be in heaven!

Leslie said...

Haha, Jace looks like he LOVED that treat! I can only imagine how sad he was when you took it away. Thanks for letting us come over a bunch to see Julie and Claire too!

Kay said...

Bennett loves Galaxyland too, we will have to do a play date there someday. I love that Jace got into the chocolate, such a cute picture!