Christmas Eve we always spend with my Dad's side, the Pizzeys. And It was at my parents place this year. We hang out, eat tons, play games, read from Luke about the birth of Christmas while acting it out (always fun and funny), and exchange a few gifts. It's always a a fun time.
Then when everyone left we tidied up. opened some PJ's, got the kids to bed, played a game of monopoly deal then it was off to bed for Jason and I. Having kids is tiring and by 11 pm most nights we're ready for bed so 1230 am was pushing it for us.
My 3 favorite people. Two of which are in their cute Christmas PJ'S
Love Christmas PJ's. Great tradition, matching PJ's.
I know I've talked about Talia being a crazy sleeper, well her are a few of the positions we found her in while at my parents for 2 nights. She cracks me up. Goes to bed easy but she's a mover!
The Nativity Scene
Top: The 2 wise men (Chase, Dave, and Breton- the wise men are always a big hit)
Middle: Mary and Joseph (Crystal and Tanner soon to be parents in about 15 weeks. These two are So funny and will be great parents)
Bottom: The Shepard's (Avery, Nicolas, and Tommy- they did a great job!)
Christmas morning was a different morning because Christmas morning fell on a Sunday. Seemed as though the kids were up earlier than norma. Not because they were to excited (too young to totally understand waking up early) but because Avery came down with gastro, Jace and Marli were up feeding and I think kept each other up, and Talia was up because she heard all of us. So we went and did stockings. Ate a small breakfast and got ready for church.
While getting ready we realized the house was backing up with sewage/ water. So something was plugged which meant showering/ dinner/ everything was put on hold. My Dad and Jordan stayed home from Church to figure this out because if they hadn't Christmas day would have be over. Breanne and Avery stayed home because they were really sick. The rest of us went but of course with all that was going on we were late. Jason and I left church slightly early because Jace was freaking out and it was well past his nap and Talia started to have a melt down because she was SO over tired. The melt down started from my Mom eating her cookie. Talia went to on to say then cry in the most sad face, "Nana ate my cookie in her mouth... I NEED presents." It was pretty funny but this melt down meant we were done. What a gong show. At least we went and tried to stay right?
This may sound a bit hmmm bad/ sacrilegious (seeings as how we were celebrating Christ's birth.) anyways I think the program was a little long. It was an hour and a half program!!! Young kids and parents up WAY to late and tired. Great to have a small sacrament program but really an hour and a half at 9 am! I was looking forward to a short and sweet sacrament that brought in the spirit but an hour and a half is what it was scheduled for which mean probably longer... little bit much. Probably such a bad thought but it's what I thought.
This may sound a bit hmmm bad/ sacrilegious (seeings as how we were celebrating Christ's birth.) anyways I think the program was a little long. It was an hour and a half program!!! Young kids and parents up WAY to late and tired. Great to have a small sacrament program but really an hour and a half at 9 am! I was looking forward to a short and sweet sacrament that brought in the spirit but an hour and a half is what it was scheduled for which mean probably longer... little bit much. Probably such a bad thought but it's what I thought.
Anyways the water problem was solved by 1130 am. We ate breakfast and opened presents at noon. Talia was dying to open presents. Noon is a long time to wait for a little girl. It'll be a Christmas morning to remember.
Left: Talia in her princess outfits. She loves being a princess. Great gift from Nana and Grandpa.
Right: Sweet little Marli and my mom. Marli has hip dyplasia. Both hips one worse than the other so she had a closed reduction surgery. She has to wear these casts for 2 months. She's so happy and such a trooper.
Left: Yes Talia sniffs everything even her presents before she opens them. She's had an obsession with her nose and sniffing things for a very long time. Hilarious!
Right: Waiting to open them, trying to be patient. Almost made it.
For the rest of the day kids napped. Then my moms side came over. We open gifts first then have a turkey dinner. It was fun. My Aunt has 2 girls and one of them is 5 years old and since Avery was out of commission Talia and Casey played the whole night. It was fun to watch.
Top: Casey entertaining Talia with a feather.
Bottom: Talia and Casey watching a movie in the theatre room
Towards the end of the night my brother called from his mission. He only 7 weeks left. Then again we tidied got kids to bed, and played a couple games. Then off to bed.
It was a fun Christmas and beside gastro and temporary plugged pipes everything went really good. Lots of food, family, and fun!
BUT I wish we could say we were gastro free. Everyone was being super careful with hand washing but I knew the one that would be hard to watch was our crawling Jace. Hands everywhere and in mouth. SO the morning the 27th he got sick. Now today is day 2 of gastro for him and he's still feeling sick. More posts to come on my 10 month old today!
Anyways I hope you had a good Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
Hopefully more pictures to come.





2 comments:
looks like a busy, but successful Christmas! poor Jace getting sick, that's the worst.
Wow, those are some nice nativity costumes! Sounds like a fun Christmas. I had to laugh at your comment about church being too long, because I totally agree. Too bad about Jace getting sick, I hope he kicks it soon, he's a little cutie! Isn't it so fun having a mama's boy?
Post a Comment