Funniest thing was the last two days she would randomly say, "I don't want Santa to take my Pjs"- ok Talia! and then today she said while wearing her favorite princess pj sets, "Christmas (referring to Santa) NO take my pants and shirt!" haha I had to reassure her, Santa is nice and wouldn't steal her things.
Anyways we went. It was fun, she did good. Got a little nervous at first but after we got closer and I put her down. She whispered hi Santa and gave a little wave. She sat well and it went fine. Jace is so easy going he could care less who we was sitting with. So not big smiles but no crying children. I would call it a success.
The Santa looked like a good Santa but I think he could have done better by getting the kids names before hand and actually addressing the kids in a Santa voice and warming up to them. There was none of that. I get it would get tiring but really he didn't he talk to Talia much. He was nice just not as Santa like as I thought he would be.
Jace looks so old in this photo. Maybe it's because I gave him his first hair cut. I usually think he looks a lot like my brother (the eyes) but in this photo he looks SO much like Jason's brother Richard as a little boy.
She's a reindeer! I guess Santa fulfilled Talia's wishes by giving her a present (this hat), candy (candy cane), and a sucker (from her parents). What more could a kid want?
First hair cut! I think it turned out pretty good! Had a to shape it all over so we ended up cutting it a lot. We haven't even needed to cut Talia's hair this much at all. Haven't even cut the hair on the top of her head.
Had to look good for Santa!
What a little cute little boy!
The rest of the night we did our first ginger bread house. Talia loved it. We actually bought a pre-built kit from Costco. When Talia is a little older and can sit for a while longer while we build one these kits are great! Ready to go! It was a fun. We'll make this a new tradition and do one every year.
Talia enjoyed eating A LOT of the candy.
I loved how Jason did the icing. It was kind of tradition that my Dad put the house together and did the icing. I have good memories of making Gingerbread houses.
I wish I could say this was my idea but it was on the front of the box.
Thought it was a cute tree
She also enjoyed eating a lot of Icing. She ate SOOOO much candy tonight.
And she was so hyper. She didn't go to bed till like 9 15 pm and it's 10 30 and finally she has stopped talking in her crib.
Yummy...
Our first ginger bread house :)

2 comments:
So fun! I bought the same kit from costco lastnight, we're building it either tonight or tomorrow. I love how Talia is starting to care about christmas, it makes the new traditions a lot more enjoyable.
We made the same house too. So much better then having to wait for the walls to dry or having them collapse!
Adorable Santa pics.
Post a Comment