Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We have a 1 year old?

My little baby turned 1 today! The past year has gone fast. It's been fun being a mom and raising Talia!

1 year stats:
weight: 16 lbs 5 ozs (0%)
height: 29.5 inches (60%)
head: 43 cm (5-10%)


I found every month was a new experience and then became my new favorite stage. I love all the stages (maybe minus teething whatever stage that is for your kids) and I'm especially loving turning one. She's become quite a character and makes Jason and I laugh all the time.

Here are 12 things we love about her:

1.) Never thought she'd be a cuddler but since about 9 months all she does when she wakes up, after naps, when she's tired, and when she just feels like it, she puts her head on your shoulder (with her blanky of course) and cuddles.
2.) She loves to suck her blanky or at least put it close to her mouth and makes sounds as if she has a soother in. She often shares her blanky by putting it up to my mouth.
3.) When she wakes up she passes you the green blanky then the pink one, then she's ready to come out.
4.) She loves crawling around with moving her head side to side. I think she knows she's being funny because she's always giggling and making sure you are laughing as well.
5.) She loves her bath!!! Will say Ba Ba (I think it means bath)
6.) She copies your tone and says a few words like, MaMa, Dad, Uh ohhh, Ba (meaning bath)
7.) She likes to dance but if a loud noise catches her off guard she gets pretty scared
8.) She talks in a lower raspy voice but she loves to sing in a high pitch girly voice- so cute!
9.) She LOVES to smile. She's usually happy. Slightly needed with being an only child and being a mamas girl but she's a happy girl!
10.) She's a great mix of both of us. It's fun to see bits of pieces of yourself and your spouse.
11.) She loves to throw her blanky over her head and crawl not knowing where she's going. She thinks she's pretty funny and I must admit it is funny!
12.) She's our little girl. She's our first baby and literally has looked the same since 6 months. She's tiny and we love her. We would love her any weight but since she's tiny we love her for it!

The list could go on but 12 is good for now. We love her and can't wait for more fun stages to come!


5 comments:

The Dudleys said...

Happy Birthday Talia! I can't believe that a year went by already!

Leah Karch said...

Aww such a sweet post. Happy Birthday Talia! I CANNOT believe she is already one! Time goes by too fast!

Kay said...

Happy Birthday Talia!!! She is so cute...hope she has a great 1st b-day

Joanie Harbor said...

SO CUTE. awesome post, i love reading ones like this. how did you do the picture thing? haha, i am kinda technology illiterate.

Amelia said...

Aw! Happy birthday Tali!! :) I can't believe it has been a year! You are right, she does look a lot the same for the last 5 months!! What a cutie.