Talia is 8 months old today and it seems like everyday she gets cuter. I think every month I say that, but really every month she learns something new and is starting to become like a little person with such a cute personality.
Her newest thing is that she tries to click her tongue but it looks like she's just smacking her lips. Makes me laugh every time!
She's a roller. She loves loves loves to roll, well I guess I'm not sure if she truly loves it but that's how she gets around. I came down the other day and couldn't see her and she had rolled all the way around to the other side of the room. She rolls front to back and back to front but only going one way. So when she hits a wall she gets stuck but continues to try and roll through the wall. I've seen her roll the other way but she continues to try and roll over the wall.
She's the craziest sleeper. We come in to look at her before we go to bed and her heads in the opposite direction, on her belly, feet in the air, on the side of the crib, or head stuck in the corner, who knows? That's the only reason we have to go in at night now is if she's stuck against a wall.
She finally got up on her knees on her own... but she had no idea what to do so she fell. I'm sure in the next month or so she'll crawl but for now she'll stick to rolling.
She LOVES her blanky. I haven't been able to get her to take a soother (not trying anymore) but she has fallen in love with her blanket. She always has it in one hand close to her mouth while she's sleeping and it literally acts as a soother as she falls sleep. Kind of weird but SO cute at the same time!
I stopped nursing Talia at 7 months and I thought it would be the hardest transition to a bottle (since she wouldn't take one) but it was really easy. I woke up that morning fully prepared to give her nothing till she took a bottle and she took it that morning. What a stinker but so grateful she took the bottle. Now she's actually putting on some good weight. Don't get me wrong she'll always have skinny or dainty limbs (that seems to be her body type) but she is heavier.
Weight: 14 lbs just under the 3% so like 0% but she's now not WAY under the 3% (she gained a whole pound this month... most she's EVER gained in a month)
height: 27.5 inches she is now 75% (finally some of her weight is going to fat and not bone growth)
Head circumference: 42.5 cm, 25%
Thanks to the bottle and some sleep training we have Talia sleeping 11- 12.5 hours a night. It was a lot easier getting her to sleep through the night than I thought. I'm sure the bottle made her fuller but we eventually decreased her bottle to nothing and then we had one night of her waking up without feeding her, she wasn't to impressed but she got over it. So since then she's been sleeping through the night! I will admit there is the odd time I go in there at aournd 5 30 am. Shes either stuck against a wall or has lost her blanky, but it's an easy fix and then back to bed.
I love her so much and generally she's a joy to be around. The last 4 days have been crazy. Every time I put her down she cries and yes I let her cry but eventually I pick her up and she still cries. So maybe teething? Her gums finally feel hard and not soft anymore but I don't feel a tooth. Hopefully the sucker pops or whatever is wrong gets better.
(So mean of me to take a photo... but seriously that has been her the last 4 days and babies are pretty cute when they cries)
Cranky or not, We love her to pieces. I can't imagine life without her and I seriously can't say it enough... I just LOVE her!!!!
8 comments:
She's so cute. I love that her and Milo are 2 weeks apart, so many things we experience are the same!
She is stinkin' cute! I love the crying pic! Funny thing Bennett and her a month apart Talia=0 teeth Bennett=6 teeth. Crazy!
She's so cute! She'll be crawling, then walking then talking in no time! AHHH scary! They grow up WAY too fast.
Yay Tali!!! 14 lbs. WHat a chunker. I know what you mean about her blankie. SHe LOVES that thing. She started to fuss when I was watching her and I just gave her that pink blanky and she grabbed it and shoved it up to her face. It has been really fun to see more of her personality lately. She is getting more and more interactive. Youare right...it just gets better and better and they just get cuter and cuter and funnier and funnier!
She is so stinkin cute! Talia and James would get along well, he is 18 months and still only 20 pounds (skinny kids).
She is seriously adorable Kamry! I love the little crying face...you gotta catch those moments too :)
Awwww, that is such a nice post Kamry! You'll have to print these for her baby book! I love her, hes so cute! Her dark eyes are so sweet, and all her funny things she does! Ican't believe how quickly shes grown up!
What adorable pictures. I wish I had a blog when my older kids were little. I don't remember any details. I do, however, remember that Saryn was 16 pounds at 6 weeks. She wasn't on the charts either - just off the opposite end. Quite frankly I wish I had a little bit of the Low genes in my family... those babies get ridiculous to haul around!
Post a Comment