First day of the second year of preschool was ok for Jace. He really wanted to be in his little friends class and they weren't. Also he wanted everything the same as last year regarding teacher and class room. But he's got over it and really I'm not convinced he was that upset, more I think he was trying to be a bit grouchy because he didn't want to get up and going that morning.
He can be my kid that is the slowest at getting ready. I tell him to go get dressed and 15 minutes later he says he's almost done and in reality he's down stairs in his pjs still playing with toys. Not sure what he's thinking sometimes. He'll come up and legit have forgot to get dressed even though I had yelled down the stairs to get ready! I love that he can play on his own but man it can drive you crazy when you need to get going.
His cuteness makes up for his tardiness... but just barely ;)
I love picking apart genetics and it's crazy how much I see my side in him. He looks like my brother and he has my eye shape. Talia and Beck I do not see much of me but Jace sure does look like my side, with the Low head of course ;)
It has been different having Talia gone all day. A struggle at times for him. His new role as the oldest at home the whole day can be good and bad. He sometimes tries to control a lot of what Penny does or plays with which can set her off because as we know she can be spirited. But other times they can play great. During nap time it's just him and I. He is great at nap time on his own. He'll play quietly downstairs if I need a break or he'll do "homework" on the main floor by me. He is by no means high maintenance during nap time. Probably the easiest on his own so far. It's funny Talia just needed to play with someone and when she had someone would just the easiest but on her own she needed to be by me all. the. time. And Jace sometimes will try to tease or bug the others kids but on his own just so so so easy going. Probably good for all our own personal growth. Strengths become weakness. That's my hope anyways, because sometimes it can be crazy here.
Love this guy and I think the 2 hour preschool is good for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment