Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Spring- Last Post before baby

Spring happening

Like I've mentioned we've had a great spring. I feel bad I haven't been up to taking the kids out more and riding their bikes. I feel pretty helpless when I get to be 9 months pregnant. We usually have to wait for Jason to get home... luckily I think they haven't started concrete memories so I am not damaging them too much ;)

So we got Jace a bike. I would have got him the bike with no petals but that was Jace's problem... he couldn't coordinate how to pedal. I was actually shocked mid way through our first bike ride with him he actually picked it up so well! He was so fast... walking behind him was pretty funny because he was still coordinating how to pedal and steer at the same time. All of a sudden his bike would be tipping back and forth almost as if he was to fall while still going fast. Always seemed to get under control though. I bet by the end of the summer Jace will be riding a two wheeler.

Talia last year had a pretty big tumble. Maybe it looked worse? But it scared her and ever since then has been struggling with anxiety about riding. She wont go fast enough to feel balanced on two wheels. So we raised her training wheels to make it more noticeable and give her a kick start to feeling the need to balance... she is not liking it. So I think we are going to now have to just take off the training wheels and let her feel how to balance as she pushes along. I'm getting better at understanding her anxiety. I should as I have dealt with anxiety a lot of my life. Hers is for different things and at such a young age. But we both have a social anxiety (not liking being embarrassed or put on the spot light), and she has a bit of generalized anxiety like me. Nothing extreme  but something she will have to deal with and something I dealt with. It's a real thing and sometimes hard for people to understand who haven't had to deal with it on a daily basis or just don't get why some things would cause anxiety. I'm glad I'm her mom for this reason so someone gets her. She really does want to work through it and tries her best. She needs reassurance, love, and support. She knows when she is having anxiety and can tell me. We will work through this together (helps me understand what I went through to be honest). Maybe seeing Jace will push her. I wish I could take away how she feels... because I do know how anxiety feels and it's real and can physical hurt.. I think for her when I tell her it's ok to feel this way and now we need to work on a strategy on how to work through it and not let anxiety win, she gets it and we get through it.
So hopefully by the end of the summer she is on two wheels as well.

This little girl is really wanting a bike of some sort. She things her bike is the stroller haha. We'll get her probably a strider or something of that nature.
My favorite people!
Talia desperately wanted to match Jason. She picked out the outfits and everything!
 Then they all had to join in

Amelia came up for a couple days to watch her friend Maren's play "Cursed by a Women". So one evening us Low sister in laws (all married to brothers) went out for dinner and then to the play. It was a good play and I was impressed Maren wrote it all, music and all, and put it on. It was also so nice to get out with the sisters and just visit and do something together. Fun night!
This boy cracks me up. Penny's BFF Colby  


This boy desperately needed a nap. Even though he's 4 I'd say most days he'd benefit from a nap... but he doesn't nap because then he's up late. But today was necessary, and we had a nap in my bed. Moments like these when they're peaceful and not talking back or just being a 4 yr old boy you're reminded how much you love them!
 

And then there's moments where they're just so stinkin cute you just can't help but love every detail of their face and everything about them.
I wanted to share a cute moment Jace had that I don't want to forget.
Two nights ago Jason was on the roof fixing some siding while I was getting the kids ready for bed. Jace insisted on being the one to say family prayer and it was my turn. (We go in age order). I told him it was my turn and in two nights it'd be his turn. Anyways he said, "No No I must say it tonight." I asked why he felt he must it tonight. He went on to say, "I MUST pray that Dad will be safe and not fall off the roof, NOW!" It was really cute and he was really concerned. After prayer I said when he's a Dad he'll get to fix things on his roof. Jace said, "There's not way I'm fixing things on the roof!"
Poor kid is so afraid of heights. I think we caused this... bad parents! We'd put him on the rail to calm down from tempers. It seemed to be the only thing that worked... but now it's back fired and he hates heights. Guess we wont be doing that anymore.. parent fail! Will have to think of something else.
The girls had to get their hats on as well.
A big thank you to my Mom who took Talia shopping for 5 hours to get summer clothes. She was in need of some and I did not have the energy to get them! Talia's tricky as well because she's normal height but only 32 pounds at 5.5 yrs old! have to find skinny clothes. Thank you mom! Don't think I could raise all these kids without her help.

Just a fun comparison. Like I said I love details and could tell you everything about my kids and probably repeat most of their stats.

It was nice this passed Saturday my cousins daughter Emma got to be baptized. I'm not sure if my kids have been to a baptism yet. We talked a lot on the way their why we got baptized and on the way home a lot about what stuck out to them. Talia asked right after Emma got baptized "I wonder how Emma feels now." It was good and showed she was really thinking about why we get baptized. I remember after I was baptized feeling peaceful and good. Like I had chosen to do something good. That all my mistakes were gone and forgotten. And at the young age of 8 I felt I got a fresh start :) Not sure if I needed that big of a fresh start but that's what I remember. Also we talked about getting the holy ghost and what that means. It was a good day.

I snuck this picture during my kids primary because I was really over come with the spirit and how much I appreciate the primary program in our church. Jace is the boy right in the front blue plaid shirt, you can see his blonde head. I was waiting to help him with closing prayer and both him and Talia were participating and singing so well. I felt the spirit so strong. I just know this is an inspired program and truly helps set a great foundation for them and their testimonies of the gospel.  I am truly grateful for their leaders and how they are helping me raise my kids and setting a great example for them.
 I love having our church building beside the temple. Think on nice Sunday's we'll have to try and remember to get photos with them outside the temple.
I must say I am also very touched by our newly called nursery leaders. Sis. Rolfson is the nursery leader. You can just tell she loves all the children and I truly believe the kids can feel that. She sent out the nicest note tell us parents her experience when her kids were in nursery and how the leaders truly helped her as a young mom. These programs are truly inspired and these leaders truly make a difference with the kids. I am grateful for the ones over my kids right now. Can't say thank you enough.
Progress with Talia's hair! Trying new things and it's sticking!

Frienemies. Love when they're friends though :)

 Jace and Talia love "homework" and are like sponges. Talia has always loved learning but Jace is really picking it up and asking to do lots. He's actually a lot smarter than I thought... well not that I didn't think he was smart but has picked up a lot more than I thought. He's starting to get comfortable with his left hand. Love seeing him learn. I'm a horrible teacher and being a teacher would be a nightmare for me but as a parent I'm loving seeing them progress and don't mind teaching a few things ;)

1 comment:

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow. You're an amazing mom. I'm lucky if I get off the couch when I'm 9 months pregnant... even if Jarett is home. ;) Enjoy your sweet new babe!