Monday, April 27, 2015

Penny's Party



Penny's actual birthday started out with McDonald's for dinner. Not sure if it's her favorite or I was just too tired to make anything... seems to be happening a lot more towards the end of this pregnancy.
 
Anyways it was a fun night with just our little family. She (joint siblings gift) got a water table. She loved it. Also the kids and Jason had a water fight. It was pretty fun to watch them play and it be warm outside! Love this weather. We've had a good winter and spring! Jason sprayed Penny and she was not impressed. I believe her words were "Mean Daddy!" 

I was making cake for her birthday party Friday So I just bought 6 cupcakes... which not everyone enjoyed. Bummer. I loved them! They weren't too sweet but also sweet enough. My two sweet tooth's (Jason and Talia) wanted more sugar and Jace doesn't love sweet things... he'd rather pretzels. And Penny just wanted to play. She would have loved them if she hadn't been distracted. She loves food and dessert.
 

 
Post water fight hair
plus love my kids eye color! Jason and I both have hazel, the kids call Jason's yellow (which it kind of is) and mine is the more green hazel, but nothing drastic, our kids (so far) have striking dark brown or blue eyes. Lucky kids! It'll be interesting to see this next kids coloring. I love looking at every detail :)


Friday was the "big" party. She was just turning 2 and I really didn't want to make everyone feel like they had to come but it sure is nice to have family close because I think everyone did want to celebrate. Cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. It was fun! And everyone mingled great and just hung out. Easy peasy!
 
We had pizza, watermelon, chips, cake, and ice cream.
 
So Penny right now loves
Frozen
Dora (Dor- Da)
And Bubble Guppies
 
So she got a combo of those things.
 She loves baby dolls, especially ones with sue sues (soothers). She thinks she needs a soother even though she has never taken one.

 
These three :) 

The kids at the party! Crazy between a few Low cousins and Pizzey cousins there was 11 kids six and under. How cute are all these kids???
Also can you believe in 3 days there will be 20 Low grandkids eight and under, and really it's the majority of kids are six and under (19 of them). 

Perfect picture, all 4 kids just staring at Penny while she successfully blew out her two candles on her own!
 
 Playing with her Aunty Breanne.
 
Penny and Papa Pizzey. She definitely loves to get a little roughed up! My Dad loves to wrestle and rough you up. This was a common occurrence at my house growing up. Great memories :)
 
I'd say these two are best friends. Penny took a while to warm up to Colby and open up and be nice. Colby has always been nice. He was a patient friend he just knew they were meant to be best friends.

Thank you family who came and made the day special!
We sure love our little Penny.

1 comment:

Alysha Sladek said...

how fun! Happy birthday Penny! And good luck!!