Well I actually sucked at photos this vacation. I always do bad if it's just me and Jason because I never want to carry my camera around, I don't have a diaper bag!
So I'll explain stuff as pictures come so here we go!
We started off in Oahu for the first 5 days. Then off to Maui for the next 5.
So the first resort we stayed at had a bunch of little turtles and massive fish. I hate fish so they didn't make the photo.
I swear every beach I've been to there's been a seal or walrus on it. Apparently this one just gave birth and after these ones give birth they lay around for 2 weeks. Not sure where the baby goes? I think someone said the pet protective people take it until this mom is ready. Not sure how much I believe it, but maybe? Wouldn't that be nice 2 weeks off after you give birth!
I think Hawaii has the pretties trees. So many like this one.
The reason for this vacation was actually one of my best friends, Amy Wilde, was getting married. I love that girl. We went through nursing school together and she is probably one of the reason, along with Amanda Kearl, I made it through school. They've both been there for me so much and I can't say enough good things about them. Anyways so we were fortunate enough to be able to go and support her. This day was the wedding. Hawaii temple and especially the grounds are GORGEOUS.
How cute is she? And how good looking is Sonny? They really are the cutest couple and so much a like. He's outgoing just like her, and they're both so happy. I love them both.
Me and Ams!
The Martins being themselves.
The party minus the boys.
Pearl Harbor. I`m not much of a history person but I do find Pearl Harbor and WWII interesting. I also did marry a history major so this was a necessary stop. We really should have gone earlier in the day. We got there at 3pm and they closed at 5pm. So all we got to see was the sub and the museums. Feel bad Jason would have liked to have been there for probably 6 hours.
Jason would not have fit on any submarines. He actually got asked if he was in the army at a store. Apparently army members get a discount at some places.
I would die sleeping here. I hate not having my own space.
A necessary stop in Hawaii. We did take Sonny`s advice though. We stopped went and looked in and got the ice cream and left. Ice cream was amazing!
Back to the Hawaii temple another day. We just stopped at the visitors center. We came to the North Shore area this day. Ate somewhere local and then went to the Polynesian Cultural Center that night. The show was pretty awesome. No photos though.
We came to Maui this day. I loved Maui WAY more. In Oahu we stayed in Waikiki. It was WAY to busy. Nice to do the touristy thing once but I think Maui was way better. This was our resort.
Stopped at some random beach. It was the only one we could see waves that people were surfing on. They weren`t huge. It`s not surf season. How cute our these two boys. I watched them for a bit and they were pretty dang good.
The sunsets were amazing there.
We drove the road to Hana. I would never do it again. Its a drive up a windy road and you stop and hike to waterfalls. And apparently you could have drove farther and found the best waterfalls. 1- the water isn`t high around this time of year so the falls were muddy and low water, 2- who wants to spend 7 hours there back in the car in Hawaii, and 3- after 4 hours to the Hana I didn`t want to go farther. The coolest falls was through a bamboo forest. That was cool. Jason agrees with me on this but he makes the most of every experience more than me. I don`t know maybe I wasn`t feeling that well after driving that long.
In Hana
This is the forest we walked through to some falls. It`s all bamboo.
We went snorkeling to an area off of Maui and then to Molokini. It was fun to go do something other than beaches. It was good snorkeling but the best snorkeling we got was off of our resort in Maui. So many turtles. Once Jason and I were on paddle boards and a massive turtle came right beside him. He ended up almost falling on it. Also Jason went every morning and saw a lot of turtles. Pretty cool.
My snorkeling husband.
It was a good vacation. The last day we had to check out at 1 pm and our flight didn't leave till 1145 pm so we had a lot of time. We drove around and then went to a matinee. We watched the odd life of timothy. I thought it was good. But probably not a good thing to watch when you haven't seen your kids for 11 days. The last 2 days of our trip I was pretty homesick for them. I knew they were fine I just wanted to hug them, so that movie did me in. I was bawling ha ha.
We took the over night flight home. I was so tired. We both didn`t sleep well but we got home safe. And it`s so good to be home with the kids.
So there`s Hawaii. Not on to the next thing. We bough a house 1.5 weeks before we left and got possession 2 days after we got home. It`s been busy. More details to come about that.
3 comments:
Fun trip!! I think some of your commentary deleted in the last paragraphs about the movie and fight time and such. I love Hawaii. You still have to call me and tell me about it. And next time, stay on the north shore of Oahu. Or go to Kauai. I've never been, but heard it is awesome! My favorite pic is the seal one. 2 weeks off after pushing a baby off sounds awesome! :)
We like Maui too, and did alot of the same things there a couple years ago:) I can't wait to hear about your new place, I hope it's in Beaumont;)
I agree with Kristi......I hope you are in Beaumont ;)
Looks like an amazing trip. You looked gorgeous at the wedding!
Post a Comment