So the answer is Yes and No. It went by so fast I can honestly still remember our first date to every detail. I can't say that about ANY other first date. I remembering it being the best first date I have ever had. I know this sounds mushy and made up but it is no lie. I remember getting ready for the date and Taren helping me, when he picked me up, going to Moxie's ordering a teriyaki chicken rice bowl, what I wore (something of Taren's), my hair curled, going to the Legislature to skate, having the rink to ourselves, music in the background, skating together and just the conversation being SO easy- no nerves, and then going to get hot chocolate. It was a Wednesday night so we were home by 10 or 1030 pm because we both had class the next morning. It was a perfect date.
Anyways back to the question, so NO because it doesn't seem like it's been 5 years. It's gone by SO fast. But YES because it seems like so much has happened in 5 years. I finished school, got a job, Jason finished Medical school, we moved, Jason started residency, we had Talia, Jason finished residency, got his first job in Leduc, we had Jace, we've been on 5 trips on our own, we've laughed, we've fought, we've made up, we've cried, we've comforted each other, we've been silly, and we've become a family.
(No I did not stay pregnant from 2009 to 2011 those are 2 separate babies. 2009 was in May and I was 22-23 weeks pregnant, and 2011 was January 2011 and I was 34-35 weeks pregnant- HUGE. No trip in 2010- busy year ha!)
So 5 years it is. Jason said last night at 7pm, "5 years ago we were starting our wedding reception." Cute that he noticed the time.
So the day started out that I went to the spa for a massage, then got my toes and fingers done. Jason took the day off so he could watch the kids. It was so nice to just be able to leave the house without leaving instruction and not having to worry. I like when Jason has time to watch them. It was great! Great valentines/ anniversary gift. I'll definitely to step it up next year. Anyways that night we did our first date over. The only differences was we went to Moose Factory (which I ate WAY to much), we went home to the same house, and third instead of hot chocolate we got frozen yogurt.
It was so much fun. I can honestly say that is still my favorite date. Dinner, skating (and we had the rink to ourselves AGAIN), and then dessert. Here's some pictures from the night (excuse the grainiest of some photos- iphone photos)
(At Moose Factory. My phone flashed us pretty good and we both couldn't read the menu for a few minutes after ha!)
(Next skating)
(Not the greatest photo- but I just brought my phone and it was dark and did not want to flash us again)
(Where Jason proposed Nov. 11, 2006)
(View from the skating rink- I just love this place)
Then we ended the night with some frozen yogurt. It was a perfect 1st date, a perfect place to propose, and a perfect 5th year anniversary.
I'm not oblivious to the trials life brings and the trials you can have throughout your many years together and I know we have had our ups and downs but my life would not be complete without Jason. He's my best friend, husband, confidant, love of my life and biggest supporter.
It's been a great 5 years and I cannot wait for the next forever.

3 comments:
I LOVE this post! What a great date night and perfect way to celebrate your anniversary. You two are so lucky to have been able to get away on so many fabulous trips together (I still can't convince the grandparents to take the kids......I may just have to hire help....lol)
You look gorgeous in those pics.
Aw! You flirty fun couple. What a busy 5 years!!! :) I love the trips picture and that you are prego in both of those shots next to eachother. Long gestation! How did you do that picture grouping anyway? Photoshop? I need to learn how to do that because I take/post way to many pictures. this would make it a bit more manageable. Anyway, congrats on the 5 years!!
You are looking super good......jealous, I swear I still look 3 months pregnant sometimes!! haha
Post a Comment