Monday, July 11, 2011

Southern Alberta so far

Well I don't have much to say but I do have pictures. So enjoy!

Talia developed a fear of water for a couple of days (don't worry she got over it) so instead she ate cantaloupe and watched her friend play in the water. I wish she had gone in the water so I had had an excuse to sit in kid blow up pool. Maybe next time!

This is Jason's best friend from high school, Buddy's kid. His name is Chase. He's SO cute. He's 13 months and pretty adventurous. They're both petite, it was fun to see them together.  His mom Becky came over and we spent the afternoon together. It was fun to catch up.

My favorite part of the evening. Jace takes a 15-20 minute nap and I usually let him fall asleep on Jason or I. Talia wouldn't do this after 3 months and I just love that he does.


Uncle Robbie with Jace. He's a fun Uncle. I think he scared Talia a bit too much the first day so she wasn't going to him. But ever since he played outside with her and play "peek a boo" with her num nums he won her over.

Talia LOVES the cats. The Lows have two cats, Oreo and Muffy. Talia just loves petting them, talking with them (saying meow), and chasing them. It's actually pretty cute. She commonly says, "Hi CAT" "Hi Muffy" "Meowww".  I'm mildly allergic to them so I'm not a huge fan but I love watching Talia chase them. She loves animals.

I HATE this photo of me, very unflattering but it's the only family shot we've got so far and it's the typical Waterton photo... sadly it had to go in.


So Waterton has this new park and spray deck . We didn't bring a bathing suit for Talia so luckily I had a 3 month outfit of Jace's that fit her better (especially width) that Jace. So funny! I kept it on during our walk and everyone kept saying how cute my boys are so I ended up taking it off. She looked so cute. The outfit reminded me of the outfit Jug Head would wear in the Archie comics.

Jug Head? Archie?


Last year Jason actually got 'juked' by one. The deer went after a dog and Jason pretended to go after the deer and that's when it started after Jason. Kind of scary and unreal. Love the sign!


Cute Daddy daughter moment. She loved throwing the rocks in!


Talia and 'Mama' walking and holding hands. Talia now calls me Mommy ( I LOVE it!) and calls Jason's mom, Mama because she can't pronounce Grandma. cute.



Pretty Waterton. I usually don't love going to Waterton (I know- call me crazy!) but it was actually fun because it wasn't super windy and it was fun watching Talia enjoy it. She could live outside.


Wild life in Waterton- a skunk! First time I've ever seen other in real life.

On the drive home- isn't he so cute? It's so funny he's almost 5 months and I remember thinking at this age with Talia how old she was. She was already on solids and I was really being tough some nights with sleep training. With him he's still my baby. No solids yet and I still think of him as a 1 month old. Although I am going to start getting tough on some sleep habits!


My little big girl. I just love this photo. She loves to laugh and I find her and myself having laugh attacks over nothing. Reminds me of my mom and I.

Loving the cats. Not sure if the cats are loving her. She's pretty gently though and muffy does enjoy the attention. I don't think the other cat appreciates it as much.


My boys just relaxing.

Talia as per usual was afraid of the tramp the first day but she's warming up to it and had a lot of fun jumping with her Daddy. Love her smile in this photo.

Hiding under the pillows at Jason's grandma and grandpa Low's house. She was being silly.


I love this photo. Can't totally tell you why... I just do.

Jason with the kids and his Grandpa.




Jason's Grandpa Low's a funny guy. He always keeps the kids entertained with his songs.


Grandma Low is so sweet. She loves all the kids and Jace loved meeting her.

Talia and her Daddy. I think she was being silly here.


Well it's been fun visiting with family and friends. Jason's loving the scope of practice here and he's getting good experience. I'm finding it OK here. The parks aren't great and I don't know many people here so we're really house bound a lot. Also I can't really go to the park on my own. Jace is too young to leave unattended and Talia is too young to play on the equipment on her own. Also there's only so much playing I can do outside with Talia while watching Jace and keeping my sanity. Talia and I did go on a date to the Cardston outdoor pool and she did love it. That's been a high light the past week. Jason's sister Joanie comes on Wednesday and they have a boy 3 months younger than Talia so that should be fun as well.

Hope you're enjoying your summer wherever you are!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you're having fun! I always loved the Cardston pool as a kid...haven't been there forever though. Cute kiddies too :)

blehr said...

Yea!! Jace is wearing his bball shirt!! Super cute!! I'm glad you guys like it! I miss you - come home!!