Sunday, October 10, 2010

And we're having a....

 So the day before Talia's bday party we went for our ultrasound. We decided this time we would find out (although we both prefer not to) what we were having.  These two are so close together and we're keeping Talia's room as the baby room and she'll be moving to another room. So in order to help us prepare for two babies 16.5 months apart we decided to find out.

Anyways, we found out and then called my sister Taren (who makes AWESOME cupcakes and cake balls). Taren made the cake balls and dyed the cake inside blue or pink depending on what the babies gender is. Then we would have everyone at the party eat the cake ball at the same time and that way they would find out what we were having.

WE'RE HAVING A BOY!

If you look closely you can see who got to find out first! My niece Avery gladly took the first bite. It was cute. Breanne tried  tried to cover it up, but our wicked video camera lady, aka. Amelia, caught the act on tape!

I guess we stole Talia's thunder for a bit at her party but I'm sure she won't remember. Plus I'll do another blog post just on her and her first birthday party!



Scariest photo by far!



Anyways being told the baby was a boy was NO shock AT ALL!!! The pregnancy has been 110% different in a good way. And I know there is no "scientific" proof that having a boy or girl should make a pregnancy different, but so far that seems to be the case. My mom's was the same and I've also heard from others that girl pregnancies have been worse. We girls just have to many hormones. We want more girls and we really don't have a say in what we get (don't worry we're not even thinking about when yet), but we'll be happy with a either. 

A boy is a new thing and slightly foreign to our family but we're excited to have one of each. And from now on, with any future baby we will NOT be finding out!!! I had to convince Jason not to find out with Talia and now he's totally on board with us not finding out!

So 21 weeks down, 19 to go!

10 comments:

Amelia said...

Yay for boys!!! I am excited for you guys...oh, and in that picture, am I 20 weeks prego too?? Yikes!! Maybe I'm not ready for the flowing shirt style! Anyway, That was so funny when Avery bit into it!! Most people in your family thought boy. Interesting...Thanks for the fun yesterday!

Buddy said...

That's great news guys!! We wanted to find out for our first baby so we could prepare a few things but we aren't planning on finding out for the next one. Cool way to announce it too!

Jenny Fitzner said...

YAY!! That's so exciting! boys are awesome! that's going to be so fun for them to play together when they're older. I'm so excited for you! and I can't wait to see Talia's birthday pictures.

Alysha Sladek said...

Congrats!! that's sooo exciting! Boys are a lot of fun!

BUB said...

I love that idea with the cake balls. I would use it IF I believed that it was okay to find out. Haha. I think we are due at about the exact same time! Around February 20th-ish?
Congratulations!

Kim said...

Boys are sooooo much fun!!! Congrats!!! I'm very excited for you guys! And what good little friends Talia and the baby will be :)

Jordana said...

Conrats Kamry! Having a girl then a boy is so fun ;) I'm glad you've been feeling better this time around!

Julie said...

congrats you guys!!!! that is so exciting!!! what a cute idea too to do the cake pops that way. i love it.

stacy said...

Hey!! I had a boy and wished my pregnancy was as nice as this one has been for you. I agree with you I don't think it being a boy/girl matters because everyone is so different. But I'm soo glad that you feel better this time Kamry! And I'm very excited for the little guy!

Kira said...

Awww Congrats that is so awesome!!! A boy will be so fun and I seriously can't believe how big and stinking cute Talia is. Gabe can't even walk yet let alone dance!!