10 lbs. 3 Oz's (35%)
23 3/4 inches long (95%)
She's less than 3rd percentile for height to weight ratio
A lot of people have told me oh my baby was that weight at 2 months so don't worry. The only thing is she started at 8lbs and most of those babies started at a lower weight. She's only gained 2 lbs. 3 Oz's since birth, (which you're supposed to gain about 6 to 8 Oz's a week, so 1.5 to 2lbs a month). We're not concerned, it's just she's a pretty skinny and tall. Looking at Jason's family this could strictly be genetics but we also think she's got a bit of reflux issues. I think she'll grow out of it and she'll begin to plump up. Either way if she's a skinny baby or plump baby we just love her. She's pretty darn cute the way she is!
She handled immunizations well. She of course pooped right before the immunization so we changed her, then she got the immunization, she screamed and screamed and screamed, then I fed her and she settled right away. I give a lot of needles to babies as a nurse and It never phased me giving a baby a needle and when the babies cried I never really felt bad. In my mind I was just helping them. Anyways it was sad seeing her so sad, but we got over it!
So we've been working on putting her down at night with not rocking her to bed and she's done very well! I'm impressed with how habits can be broken in such a short time. The other day I put her in her crib while I showered and she fell asleep with her arm up! She must have been stretching and her arm just stayed up. If anyone knows Talia she loves to stretch and keep her arms up (hence why Jason calls her Touchdown Talia).

She's so cute! We just love her and her little personality. She's smiling so much. She's had a few moments of inconsolable crying. Those moments are pretty random and they almost make me laugh because it's just not like her and weird to see her cry like that. After those moments she's pretty delicate. It seems as though she could break out crying with any startle. We just cuddle during these times. She's now starting to get a bit fussy or squirmy when she's tried, she loves to stand or stretch out almost 100% of the time when she's awake, she'll cuddle (once settled a little) when she's tired. She smiles with her eyes a lot and has a little grin on her face, then after a bit of talking she'll give us a real big smile. She loves been talked to. She spits up a lot and usually gets it on me, not Jason for some reason. She'll have a good puke once and awhile due to reflux but we try to feed her an hour after or so, so we don't miss a feeding. She's pretty funny though, she loves to sit facing forward watching what's going on, whether it be a computer screen, TV, or me cooking. Well that's Talia,. I'm sure I could think of more but this is getting long! Till next time!
2 comments:
Awww! She's so cute! I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about with her weight. She is still gaining weight, which is a good thing. I'm so happy for you guys! having babies is so fun!
Thanks for the updates. It's so fun to hear details of how she's doing. It makes me feel like I know her better, even though we're so far apart. I love the "touchdown Talia" thing too. Every time Brian stretches, I call him "touchdown Brian", but it just doesn't have the same ring to it :)
Post a Comment