Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Beck's Baby Blessing

June 7th we had Beck's baby blessing. Lots of family was able to come and celebrate Beck which made it special. And we had great weather, so we had dinner at our place and had the kids eat and play outside in our yard.
 
Beck was is a great Baby. He's very content and doesn't really fuss a lot. I think he was awake his whole baby blessing and just looking at the men surrounding him.

 
 



 
It was a fun weekend filled with family. On Saturday we went to my parents with the Lows and swam. It was a bit windy which was a bummer but still fun. The pool is heated so it was nice in the pool. Then we BBQ hotdogs and smokies for lunch. Sunday we had the baby blessing. Beck was the perfect baby and we had a family dinner with perfect weather to be outside in the yard as well.

A little about Beck's first month

At his 6 week appointment: 10 lbs 3 oz

Well he's still being a very good baby. He really doesn't cry much. We go a couple days with really hearing him cry. I feel like just because he's a good baby I can't not just give him attention. He really could just lay there, and probably sleep more. I am doing the eat, play, sleep routine, which is time consuming. You really do at this age have to keep them up yourself at this age or else they will eat and fall asleep. So I work hard at that and I am seeing it pay off.

I do have good natured babies (so far) BUT I also work hard and scheduling them. That also means less freedom for me initially, but in the end it's SO worth it. Beck is now 6-8 hours initially, 6 would be a bad night and 8 good, so lets say an average of 7 hours. Last night he actually went 8.5 hrs straight from 8 30 pm to 3:50 am. Was great. Then he sleeps anywhere from 3-5 hours next. So I really can't complain and say I'm lucky but I also can say well it's work that also pays off. I'm sure we'll have our random not so great nights but usually we're pretty decent.

He's good at nursing and he takes about a bottle once a day. He hasn't been a puke-y baby but the last couple days he is. Perhaps he's getting to much or a bit of reflux. Every time you lay him down, without fail he gets hiccups. Rocks his body, must hurt. He just needs a little help getting rid of them sometimes.

He is reminding me of Talia more as he gets older, but still see a hint of Jace. He does not remind me of Penny at all. Guess that makes sense as Penny looks more like me. Jace is our mix and Talia looks like Jason. I think Beck will look like Jason. He definitely has his own look. Wonder if you just keep having kids you just keep getting different versions, or some would really look a like. Don't worry we wont have enough kids to find that out... only probably a kid or two more. I find genetics fascinating. Maybe in my next life I'll go research genetics.... Or maybe I'll just take a few classes or study genetics when my kids are older and don't need me as much. That or go back and do my year upgrade to get my RN back.

Whatever I do we make pretty cute kids... but I may be bias ;)

No comments: