Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Talia

I thought since I've give updates on my babies I thought I should give an update on my other two.
 
 
 
 
So Talia, where do I start? She's thoughtful. She really cares about how you feel and can be brought to tears if you're hurt or she's worried about someone. If Jace is refusing to go get something he wants (because he's a toddler) she'll go get it for him just so he's happy. She hates when someone gets hurts. She'll cover her ears because she doesn't want to hear someone sad.
 
Today I asked her what'd they do at gym time during school. She said they ran races from one line to the other. She said she didn't run fast today. I asked why? (She's super competitive) She said a boy named Max tripped on his shoe lace and his shoe came off and she stopped to see if he was ok. She wasn't even going to tell me this. It just comes up in conversation like it's normal. That's the type of person she is.
 
Another example is at dance lessons, while I was watching through the window I noticed the teacher giving stickers to certain kids. 3 of the 10 got a sticker and Talia was one of them. I could tell it was for the kids that were listening and not talking. At the end of class they all always get a sticker so she would have two. I was excited to ask her about it and praise her for listening. Anyways she came out with 1. She didn't even tell me she had had two and wasn't going to bring it up. So I asked her I saw you got two stickers where's your other sticker? She was shocked I knew she had had two and told me some girl was sad she didn't get a sticker so she gave her hers. Immediately I though you EARNED that sticker you can keep it... but really who was right? She's just so thoughtful and more kind than me.
 
She hates to disappoint Jason and I. She loves to learn. I need to be better at teaching. She'd probably be reading by now if I was better at teaching. My theory... she'll get there when everyone else does.
 
She's really athletic and competitive. I am not the kind to brag about my kids and talk them up to others but I really am not lying when I am shocked with how good she is at stuff we teach her. She's SO fast! You'd never look at her and think she'll put pressure on you but she will. She's little but she's so quick. She's competitive and we've worked on 'it's ok not to do everything perfectly or not win.' Now she'll say "it's ok if I don't win..." as if to convince herself. She's picking up on simple dance stuff that'd she's learned and swimming as well. The good thing is she's competitive with herself. She never looks at anyone and thinks oh I need to be better. She gets mad if she can't do something.
 
She loves church. She hates missing when she's sick. Sometimes she's my motivator ;)
 
She's an amazing sister. She just loves Penny. Jace is her best friend. For the most part her and Jace get along. They can both fight thought and both can be at fault. It goes through phases. I swear last December I felt like all they did was fight. Now January and February they're just playing great. It'll change and the fighting will come back but mostly they love each other.
 
She's the biggest girly girl you'll meet. I did not grow up this way. I was the biggest tom boy. She LOVES pink. She's just starting to accept girls wear jerseys. She'd love to have her hair done perfectly every day. Just so sad she doesn't really have top hair yet and the back is starting to come in and it's so thin. She'd totally sit and let me do it perfectly. She lives in a world where girls should be a princess and should dance around like one. She always is always willing for me to practice taking photos of.
 
All kids have their issues. As your kids grow passed 1 year when they start to be independent you begin to notice where their weaknesses and strengths lie. Talia has a lot of my anxieties just a little different. Mine was a social fear like reading out loud or getting embarrassed. She has a hard time being outgoing or confident in big groups. One on one she's great. She worries about me a lot. She has this attachment to me that I'd be a little worried if something was to happen to me. I worry she's not going to stick up for herself at school when the bad parts of life happens. She has some self esteem issues. Like if I tell Jace you're being so nice, she thinks I'm telling her she's not nice. Breaks my heart. I need to build her up and make her see what I see. She really excels at all she does. I think because she HATES disappointing us. She just needs to know we love her regardless of all the above. She's our girl.
 
What I'd want Talia to know. She's beautiful inside and out. She is the kindest most caring person ever and that's what matter most. She's a blessing in my life. She makes me a better Mom. She reminds me so much of myself. Maybe that's why I feel so much for her when she worries because I know how she feels. I want her to know she will always be loved by her Mom and Dad. We really are so blessed to have her in our lives! Love you Talia.
 
 
 

No comments: