Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

It was a COLD  night and it wouldn't have been bad at all if it wasn't for the wind. But we did end up going and the kids loved it. Talia was so polite and of course candy is one of your 4 major food groups so it's the best holiday for her. Jace was even so cute. He seemed to get it and even started yelling trick or treat in his own language. He walked up to the doors all by him self as well. It was cute.

Usually we'd go trick or treating with family but Jason had a hockey game that night close to our house so it was just the 4 of us.

Jace is a lion. He somehow found his tie and threw a tantrum till he got to wear it. Some things are not worth fighting over plus it made it original right? Talia was  princess for her class party on Tuesday the 30th and was a cupcake (which she was last year) for Halloween. It was a little warmer so I convinced her to wear that.

Lots of candy!

The Monday before Halloween we also carved pumpkins. It was fun... my kids hate touching gross stuff so we end up doing everything. Oh well they enjoy the tradition.


If you can't tell the one on the left is mini. We tried to do a stensle but it was a bit small. The one on the right is a weak attempt of a girly pumpkin.








So there is one debate I saw on facebook and Jason actually brought it up while we were trick or treating.  I would tell the kids to yell trick or treat really loud so people would answer their doors. And Jason would so no you knock then say it when they come. As a kid that's how we would do it. People would think it was rude or I don't know "not the right way" if you knocked first. The point was too be loud and cute. Not knock and expect candy. BUT Jason and some people on facebook think it's rude to just yell and not knock. What did you do???

I know I need to get to my new house. Man unpacking and feeling completely organized and everything put away takes time. We're also I think going to try renting our old place so we need to really work on getting all the stuff out and super clean. Life and business seems to never end.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I am loving the sneak peeks at your new house......love your front door!
Your kids are adorable and I love the tie.
I am pretty sure Thomas and I have the same debate but I always grew up knocking and yelling trick or treat as the people would come.

JulieandGary Smith said...

I love the tie! It reminds me of the lion on Bedknobs and Broomsticks. And also love your fireplace and rug!! I definitely think yell Trick or treat really loud, that's what we did last night and everyone seemed happy at the door!

Alysha Sladek said...

we didn't get many kids this year because it was so cold. they didn't knock OR say trick or treat. I left the main door open (just the screen door shut) so i could see them coming. but they didn't do/say anything. THAT bugged me. I'm ok with knocking or yelling. just DO SOMETHING hahaha
your kids look cute!

Amelia said...

My favorite was Jace in Talias tights. Ha ha! I say knock then trick or treat, but really the whole thing is selfish and rude!! :)