It was a fun week. We had great weather again, they boated a lot, took the kids on see-dos, and the Prince's happened to be 2 cabins down so we went air chairing and wake surfing with them. Wake surfing was SO much fun. It's easy to get out of the water but the trick is learning to lean forward and balance so you can stay in front of the wake. I could only let go of the rope and stay in front of the wake for a true 5 seconds. Air chairing lets just say I'm the master... ok not the master but I will say I think the smaller you are the easier it is to control. It was funny me teaching all the big boys and showing them how to do it. Such a fun week on the water. Wish we could have boated more but kids seems to be our first responsibility out there. It'll be so fun when they're all old enough to last more than 10 minutes on the boat. Mostly Jace, Talia was great on the boat.
Unfortunately I didn't have my camera out as much and didn't take photos.
Here is what I got:
I really liked the temperature of Ashley Lake and didn't know if Echo would be any warmer but I was wrong it was warmer. Felt so good to be in and swimming. Kids were doing a bit better in the water.We found our kids, especially Jace a little young to be enjoying the water but hopefully next year will be better for them. They loved the seedos.
Super man made an appearance. Superman sometimes not so super like when he climbs up on top of the bunk bed all alone and then decides to come down the side that doesn't have a latter.
Talia loves her uncle Robbie and Aunt Cammie! They're such a fun couple!
Grandma Low and Superman Jace
Richard, Benson, and Leslie
Getting ready for a later ski
Finally after many years of being pregnant and last year being very out of shape I was able to get out of the water on one ski. After I got the feeling back it felt more natural again. Can't wait for next year to be able to do it more!
Jace and Talia hanging out in the screen room. Love having a screen room!!!
Num Num wraps. Doesn't every one have a num nums?
Eating breakfast
Super time.
Wish we had more photos to post, next year I'll have to do better next year.
As for which lake I would choose between Ashley and Echo? Well that would be a tough call. There are pros and cons to both, well mostly pros just different pros. Ashley Lake is gorgeous clear blue water. No weeds. It is "cooler" (I liked it), and glass even in the middle of day because there's not many boats AT ALL. You feel a little secluded. As for Echo, it's warmer, more weeds but you don't really hit them (I did one year) and you can trim them up at your property more. There's a sense of community there. Lots of people and a lot of people know each other. It is busier so you wouldn't get glass much, only mornings and sometimes evening.
So depending on your mood you might choose one or the other. Both are awesome lakes and we're so lucky to have been able to go to both this summer! Both great weeks filled with family and games.
Now on to our next vacation at the end of August- one of the best friends Amy Wilde's wedding in... HAWAII!!!!
4 comments:
awww I'm jealous. I love montana, it has such a homey feel to it. Glad you had tons of fun, and I'm jealous that you know how to ski! I'm the lame person that lounges on a floaty in the water.
Oh I have a little vacation envy. I think it's one of the few things I tend to get a little jealous of. But it's so great that you have been able to do so much this summer! I know you have been in my shoes before, and being pregnant or with a new born in the summer is not a ton of fun. But I guess my time will come one day.
Have fun in Hawaii!
wait, ashley lake, echo and then hawaii!!! wicked summer! looks like tonz of fun and they are getting so big!
Ashley, Echo, Hawaii...HAWAII is my pick!! Echo is awesome as well. Wish you were here now!
Post a Comment