Tuesday, January 25, 2011

MEXICO- We're back!!!!

 So we made it back from Mexico without going into labor! It was a fun trip and we're so thankful for my mom who was able to watch Talia for the week. We missed her so much but realize it would have been a VERY different trip with her. Maybe when she's older! We're also glad we missed the cold week with tons of snow! can't believe how much snow we have!!!

Here are a bunch of pictures from the trip!

Our cook at the Japanese restaurant on the resort. He was awesome!!!
Just watch this video!



Jason and I outside the restaurant. I realize I look very pregnant here, and I am! It was nice to get away.


Going to a show.

They offer snorkeling in the pool just to try it out. Last time my family went (5 years ago) I tried it out but this time they wouldn't let me, understandable. I think sometime Jason and I will both get certified but the pool will do for now.

I love the beach here. There is NO seaweed, the water is warm, and the waves are so fun to play in.

There were animals all over our resort. Monkeys were probably the funniest to watch.

We went to Tulum. It was on and off cloudy and super humid.


Feeling the heat.

Map of Tulum

Next we went to Xel Ha. You can do a bunch of stuff here. We snorkeled for an hour and a half, Jason did the zip lines and some cliff jumping, and then we ate. It was a fun day!!!

Our friend who wouldn't leave

So hot this day! We got a lot of cloud but had a couple of clear sky super hot days. Love Mexico!

Playing beach volleyball. I actually played and had a lot of fun. Obviously not going to do a lot of jumping and hitting but I can still serve and pass the ball. It was fun....

...until this happened. I hate that it looks like I did something crazy. I actually just went down on one knee (on purpose) to bump the ball off the net. There was something hard in the sand and my whole leg scraped it. I didn't know it was this bad until we washed the sand out. This made me more of a spectacle than I already was, oh well I guess. At least you'll be happy to know we won the point!

Playing water basketball. Not many people are 6'5'' there so Jason got called the big guy a lot. Looked like fun!!!

Embarrassing! Had no idea I was wearing two different flip flops. We even went out to dinner and the only reason I realized this was because we went to walk down by the beach. So I went to take off my flip flops and this is what I saw! Apparently I don't pay attention to what flip flops I am putting on and then I can't see over my belly!

Part of the pool.

Our resort that we went to.

The Lobby. I love how it's all open to the outside.

The tennis courts

Work out room

The path that went behind the rooms and led to the beach. A nice walk!

We had a lot of fun. Would have been really fun with lots of family there. My family went to this resort 5 years ago and it was SO much fun. My last three family vacations (California, Panorama, and Mexico) I've been pregnant, so I really look forward to not being pregnant next vacation. Now on to our next big thing preparing for and having this baby!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

How lucky to have gotten a little break away before life gets really busy! I swear after being pregnant back to back like you I didn't even mind the craziness of two babies to take care of; it just felt so good not to be pregnant anymore!!!

Alysha Sladek said...

seriously your trip looks like it was awesome! but i can understand wanting to go when NOT prego hahah