Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Our Little sicky girl!

Talia avoided it thus far in her life... but she finally scum to the common cold! I think that's a pretty good accomplishment considering the place we live in where RSV/ Cold/ Flu season is half the year.

It has been a sad few days for her. She got the cold pretty bad, having major cough attacks, major runny nose, and some crankiness. I'm sure she had a sore throat (because I had one and one of use passed the cold on to the other!). Anyways I took some photos, she definitely was not her happy smiley self. She was cranky for Talia, which means tolerable and just needed some company. We do go days without crying but this day was an exception because we had a little more crying than normal!

Jason's so cute with her! He said yesterday (in all seriousness), "She just melts my heart, especially when she's sick." I think it's hard for both of us (especially him) when she's sick and crying because it's so abnormal for her. He truly loves her to pieces and I think she's got him wrapped around her finger (and I think he knows it). It's so cute, they're so cute together, and I just love them both!

Red eyes! Don't think she was impressed with pictures while not feeling so good!
Not feeling well!


More red eyes! I still love when she looks at me upside down. She does it a lot when she's sitting on my lap. My niece Kate used to do that a lot and I'm so glad my child does to. It's like they're just checking in to see if you're still there.
This picture gives me hope. If you know Talia, you know she DOES NOT take a soother. Well she sucked the soother for like a whole 20 seconds... not just chewing it but actually sucking it. I'm not going to push the soother (and today she's not wanting anything to do with it) BUT it gives me hope that something plastic (like a bottle nipple) can go near her mouth and she wont freak out and possibly drink from a bottle! YAY!
Anyways Talia is doing better today, still has the runny nose and a more loosened crackly chest cough (which means it's getting better) and she's smiling like her normal self! All I can say is thank goodness for drugs!
Oh on another note, Talia is 12 lbs. 2 Oz's! She gained 6 Oz's in the last 2 weeks. That's a big 2 weeks and now I think I'm done with the weights. She's growing constantly, she's happy, healthy (other than a cold), and I've decided she's just not going to be a chunky kid (at least while breast feeding, we'll see!)
Anyways till next time!


 

3 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

so sad when they're sick. She sounds like she's a reeeaaallly good baby! lucky girl! Definitely deserved after a not so good pregnancy right!
she's so cute. good job on the pictures!

Kim said...

Talia's adorable!! Such a little thing :) It's so sad when they're sick, hey?

Amelia said...

Poor Poor Tali...glad she is feeling better. WAY TO GROW girl! Over 12 lbs!! Woo hoo! Celebrate!!! And who ever thought Jason would be such a sappy lovey-dovey affectionate Dad? HA! Definitely got him wrapped around her finger! :)