Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New house and California!

Well I've been dreading this post for some time now because there's so much that has happened in the last month and it's going to be a long post. I'll try to make it short and sweet!


Well the weekend of May 9th we moved into our new house. It actually went very fast and we had lots of help. Jason's dad, Brian, my whole family, Justin, our wonderful home teacher Steve Woodruff, Carter, and Amanda came to help. I barely had to do a thing! (I banked on the whole I'm pregnant can't lift much excuse probably more than I should have. We were unpacked by Monday or Tuesday. Jason worked really hard and was pretty patient with my lack of motivation to do much. Anyways we love our house and it feels like home! I can't wait to get on the baby's room and set that up!


So our whole back yard is a deck... yes it was weird at first, but Jason and I really enjoy it. It's great for BBQ's, and just relaxing! I don't think we'll always have a whole deck for a backyard but for now we really enjoy it.


So may 14th we left for California. We flew with Amelia, her twins Kara and Kate and Zach. The flight was surprisingly great. Justin and Amelia have been blessed with great tempered babies. They slept basically the whole way and Zach was distracted by his own personal TV. So California was awesome. The first 3 nights we spent at a resort in Escondido, which was beautiful! We have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, whole kitchen, BBQ, and basically a pool for every 10 units. It was gorgeous. Yes the place was probably a little big for just Jason and I but we loved it! The next 3 nights we stayed with Amelia and her family in Windermere. It was lots of fun, we played with our nieces and nephew and Amelia showed us some of the places she loved. Then the last 3 nights we stayed in a hotel in Anaheim. It was a few blocks from Disney land. Never end up going to Disney land (can't go on many rides) but we went saw a few other things.

1st day was basically a travelling day and getting to our resort. we picked up the car we rented and it end up being a little bug car. It was actually a pretty speedy car! Funny to see a 6'5 guy driving it though!
2nd day Jason and I went to Sea World.



3rd day we stayed at the resort and swam in the pools. In the afternoon, Amelia and her parents brought Zach and the girls for a swim.






4th day we drove to the Crippen's place (Amelia's parents). It was so much fun. Mary (Amelia's mom) was a great cook (especially breakfast) and she made the greatest smoothies! It was so hot there. Well went to church with them on Sunday.

The 5th day we went to the San Diego Zoo.  It was fun watching Zach's expression seeing the animals. I must say this zoo is a lot better than the Edmonton Zoo. It was hot though, so next time I wont go when I'm pregnant and swollen.


It might be hard to see but the sign Zach is standing by talks about an ape named Karen. We took this picture for Jason's sister Karen!




Day 6 we went to the San Diego temple. I'm so glad Jason thought of the idea to go because I've never seen such a gorgeous temple. It was a nice way to start off day 6. After that Jason and I went to La Jolla Beach. We didn't swim, it was a cooler day, but it was fun to walk around. That beach seemed more like a rocky beach anyways. We saw wild seals there. It was a lot of fun. In the evening we were treated out to dinner by the Crippen's at Oscars. there was a pond there and we fed all the ducks.







Day 7 we went outlet shopping for 4 and a half hours and I didn't even get cranky once! If anyone knows me they know that I HATE shopping, but it was actually a lot of fun. Jason always a good sport about shopping and we found some good deals. Once we were done shopping we drove to our hotel in Anaheim. We agreed to go to some shell vacations presentation. We didn't end up buying a time share (go figure) but we did get free tickets to Universal studios!

Day 8 we went to New Port Beach. It was awesome!!! I loved the beach and for the first time really enjoyed swimming in the Ocean. Amelia and the kids, her mom Mary, Amelia's friend Jolene and her kids and Amelia's sister Katie and her kids met us there for about an hour or so and hung out and then we all went and ate on some peer.


This seal (we think baby seal) got lost from it's mom or was sick, but it was so tired and looked pretty sick. It swam right up where people were swimming. After Amelia and everyone left Jason and I went farther down the beach and there was barely any people and swam. It was kind of romantic. There were some sweet waves to swim in. Also this is where Jason and I lost his wedding ring... and found his wedding ring in the sand. Then we went to some little island and got some ice cream. Perfect day with my hubby!


 

 
On the 9th day we went to Universal studios.  I got soaked on the Jurassic Park ride. The day was super nice and I was very appreciate of the breeze/ cool zones (mists of water) that they had set up for people like me that can't stand heat! Then we ate at Bubba Gump's. It was a great end to our last day in California!




Day 10 We left California. The trip was great. We enjoyed spending time with Amelia and her family and we also enjoyed our alone time. We hope to do this trip again some day when we have older kids.

Stay tuned for my next post! JASON GRADUATES!!!!! He's officially a Doctor!!!

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, what a post! You look super cute! Your house looks awesome! What a great trip! So jealous. Can`t wait to come back and catch up!

Julie said...

Great Post! I loved all of the pictures (especially the ones with you guys and the kids) and will definately check out Facebook for more. I agree that both you and the house look great! Next time you go we'll join you!

Alysha Sladek said...

looks like soooo much fun! congrats to jason (and to you too!!!) that's SO exciting!