
Well we made it to 18 weeks! I've heard horror stories ... well maybe not horror stories about ultrasounds/ ultrasound techs in Canada, regardless I didn't go in with high expectations. The ultrasound was ok, but I agree with most everyone that Ultrasound techs could make the experience more enjoyable than they do. It's a little weird how your husband can't come in for the first 20 minutes while he/she takes photos of the baby, I really don't see the harm in it. Oh well though. My tech seemed to think 18 weeks was way too early to tell the sex of the baby and to even see the heart, which I thought was a little weird because fetal Echocardiograms are done on 8 week old babies. So I don't think she tried to hard at first to find the heart or even bother looking to see if it's a he or a she. Oh well, though we didn't want to find out the sex of the baby anyways, but I was a little disappointed she wasn't even going to try and see the heart because as a pediatric nurse working in cardiology I just wanted to make sure there were 4 working chambers. All she said is it's silly your doctor sent you so early because you're just going to have to come back again and that they were so backed up with ultrasounds as it was, so this U/S probably wasn't necessary. Anyways I was happy to see the baby.
So Jason came in after 20 minutes and she proceeded to show us our little baby. While she was showing us she accidently came upon the heart and you could clearly see the little heart beating and the 4 chambers and she quickly took the pictures she had missed before. I don't know how she missed it, it basically took up the whole chest cavity! So I guess it looks like I may not have to go back after all. I think she was frustrated in our baby because it was curled up so it made it difficult for her to see everything she needed to.
Well the baby is basically measuring on schedule. Heart rate of 148, 2 arms, 2 legs, a head, an intact spine, and a working heart. It was really neat to see the baby!
I have never had to pee so bad in my life!!! The funny thing was she was kind of frustrated with me due to my bladder (showed on the ultrasound) being half full. I think if I would have drank anymore water I might have had an accident on that table!! Oh well I guess my half full bladder did the trick because we saw what we needed to. It was a really fun experience. I haven't felt the baby yet so it was nice to connect through an ultrasound, and obviously Jason can't feel the baby so I think he was happy to be able to connect someway as well.
18 weeks
My growing belly (keep in mind I just ate a big dinner and I'm really full... I think it looks bigger than it does when I just wake up!)
First time in my life that I'm starting to get an outie, I've always had an extreme innie! weird!
Well next on our list is Jason has 2 more exams, this Thursday and next Thursday then he is done Medical school, and then our big move on May 9th! Lots is happening!
8 comments:
Awww Kamry you look so cute! U/S techs are brutal. but soooo exciting to see your baby!
Look at your cute little tummy! Isn't it just amazing to see your baby for the first time...it always made my pregnancy seem real at that point!
How great! Glad to hear everything looks good and that s/he is healthy :) You are a cute pregnant woman for sure. Good luck to Jason on his exams! Love you guys!
Well according to old wives tales, it's a boy because it's a slower heart rate. I HATE how they do ultrasounds up here. It's just retarded. Gotta love those idiots. Anyway, good luck and I'm glad all is looking well.
Congratulations you guys! Nada is pregnant with number 2...she is 20 weeks along, so it looks like we will have babies that are the same age!
I got lucky with my ultrasounds down here, when Steve has come with me, he's always gotten to be there for the whole thing. I don't see the big deal either, kind of silly to not want the dad there while you're measuring baby... Oh and don't believe the old wives tales about heart rates, Kalea's was consistently 140-149 and she is clearly female!
Kamry you are too cute! I am so happy for you!
Hi, My name is Cheryl Walker(Zemp) I grew up with your husband Jason. I just stummbled onto your blog, I hope you don't mind.
I have a huge favor to ask you. We are trying to plan our 10yr. HS reunion, and I would like to email him the info./invite. Will you have him email me at cherylcwalker@yahoo.ca so I can get him the info. Thanks again, and so sorry to bother you!
Post a Comment