Monday, April 18, 2016

Beginning of April

We have birthday's coming up so I better get my butt in gear. This is just the first half of April.

The weather is ridiculously nice for April. I'm loving it and so are the kids. I've got Jace riding a two wheeler and we just need to get him a little more confident that I can go on a run with all 4 kids. Penny and Beck in the stroller. Also Jason and I want to get bikes and a trailer thing for Penny and Beck. This having 4 and no plans for a baby anytime soon is SOOOO nice. Beck is just a couple weeks from turning 1 and it's kind of nice.

So here's April so far...




Talia and Jace most of the time play good and have pretty good imaginations. I'm not exactly sure what they were doing but they sat like this for awhile. I think making menus. Pretty weird and funny and great!

Home Depot run. Jace loves this store. We also learned about this workshops they do every second Saturday and you get to go build like a bird feeder or something. Jason took him that following Saturday. Jace was in Heaven.
 
I just decided it was time to make my jean quilt. I've always wanted one. I loved my moms and well Jason had a ton of jeans I had been saving. I had enough for a small one I made for Jace and then I made a family one that's massive. 75 in by 75 in completed. I kind of can't sleep when I have a project. Maybe it's good I just don't do tons of projects. I dreamed about quilts and not restful sleeps. Anyways I started conference weekend and I think I finished 10 days later. I love how it all looks and grateful Taren could show me how to do a couple steps.
 
After this photo I showed him how to crawl up because at 11.5 months this is how far he attempted to go up. Now we're desperately teaching him how to go down. Our last two kids we never needed a gate. Penny knew how to go down before she went up and Beck never went up. So we're getting there. Timid children.


Here was the trial quilt. I whipped through it and I think I finished in 3 days? Things I learned to do better for the family quilt so that was helpful.
 
Don't you love Talia's conference picture. It's the Mormon tabernacle choir. Awesome haha

Like I said my mom does a lot. She'll take certain aged grand kids out for a nana date. She took Penny and Colby this day. They loved it! First date for them. So much fun. Thanks mom!


This boy loves rolling and "wrestling". I just love this stage. He's so cuddly and fun.


Here's the project from Home Depot. Jason had worked over night friday to Saturday. Which means he was up all night. He toughed it out and took Jace at 10 am to build this bird feeder. At the end he asked if they could buy some kits and the lady just gave him 5 extras. Jace was sooooo excited! real nails, real wood... what more could he ask for? 



This girl has lots of spunk.
 
And this girl is sweet and helpful. She was frustrated she couldn't do something and can sometimes will her self into a mood. Guess all it took to get her out of the mood was crazy hair. Lucked out with solving this mood.

She's beautiful inside and out.

Ok it was national siblings day and I posted this photo. Everyone was commenting on how Jace and I look SO much alike. I have to agree. our faces are so much a like. Also people said Penny looks like me and my baby sister Paige. I guess our two kids in the middle (Penny and Jace) look like me. They're our more spicey... makes sense haha.

Ok so Penny was super sick while we were in Mexico, now 3 weeks later she's at it again. I hate croup. We found her in her room bawling. Well Jason found her due to his keen ears. She was bawling and wheezing. Croup scares me. I'm usually calm with sick kids but I had a sense of panic here. I love the warm spring but this warmer air didn't help a ton. She got her steroids and got it under control. 


 And round 3 for Beck. He got the same cold. Sounded croupy but not as bad. He woke up this night as well. And I think he was so congested and full of mucous he puked. You know where he puked? ALL. OVER. ME. Down my shirt, over top of my shirt, on my arms and on my pants. Nothing hit the bed but wow it smelt SOOOO bad and it was sight to see. Something I may never forget. So it was right to the shower for the both of us. Which was nice cuddling him. All four kids had it. And Talia did had a barky cough for about 2 weeks had to stay home for 2 days from school BUT Penny and Beck were the only ones who got croupy.  Beck still has a runny nose but I really hope we can all be healthy and that's they're on the mend.

He loves the bathroom...

Well our next couple posts should be fun. Penny turns 3 and Beck turns 1. And Talia has her broad war performance at the end of the month. April has been really busy!

1 comment:

Alysha Sladek said...

love your wall paper! I'm the same with projects. I think that's why I hesitate starting anything because it has to be done NOW. And I LOVE denim quilts!! I might attempt one for this summer. They're the best