Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Talia turns 5!!!

Wow I feel like I'm so behind in blogging or at least missing things because I've been horrible at documenting them. Well one event that happened was Talia turned 5 September 28th!
 
5 things we love about Talia:
  • She's a good big sister. Penny just adores her and Talia is that much older than her that Penny is a cute baby sister to her. So they could just play for hours and not fight. I think because of the gap in age but I'll take it!
  • I don't think I could run this house with out her. Or at least life is easier with her. She'll go get me diapers, tidy what I ask her to tidy, and basically help me where I can need help and where her abilities allow her to. I guess that's the bonus of having your kids grow up and having a child with a helping personality.
  • She loves crafts and loves learning. She has a passion to learn.
  • She's loves going to church, she loves learning about the gospel and I love seeing what she learns sink in.
  • She's thoughtful and sensitive. She worries (sometimes to much) about the well being of her siblings and Jason and I. She's just such a great older sibling and first child.
We are blessed to have her in our lives.
 
For her birthday, of course she would have loved to have had a princess party or something like that BUT we were invited a couple boys and I thought how can I sway her from the princess theme... .CANDY! Talia loves candy. So we did a candyland theme. It seemed to work out great.
First we decorated our brown paper bag party gift bags. That actually took some time which I was grateful for. I find the whole occupying kids time stressful and of course the weather was chilly for late September.
Anyways after the bags were decorated they played outside in our yard on our trampoline and a blow up bounce house. They were cold but they are also 5 so they actually had fun. After that we played a human candyland. I had colored pieces of paper all lined up around our upstairs. The kids loved it. Simple yay! After that we had cake and presents. The cake looked great and kids love candy so they loved it. I didn't love all the candy but oh well worked out.
 
Next birthday I may just go to a bounce house or play place and rent a birthday package. It's a lot of work but I'm glad Talia and friends had fun.
 
Happy Birthday Talia! We love you!






 

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Love it! My kids were just glancing over my shoulder and want that cake. Love those candy balloons too.