Penny's first two weeks have been pretty good. Jason was home the whole time and helped out a lot especially with the older two kids. Also we, mostly Jason was able to get a few projects done. Got a few quotes for landscaping, set up air conditioning to be installed, built two IKEA closets, and spent time going out doing things with the older two kids.
Here's some photos our two weeks together:
Talia loves her little sister. She always says, "She's just so so cute mom!" "Oh I just love Penny"
Not look so hot I KNOW! About day 3 here. At least Talia looks cute and Penny's head.
Visit from Nana and Grandpa
The two Tals!
Playing ring around the rosie with their Dad's.
Got newborn photos done by Talia Audenart. She's amazing visit her website here
This is just an iphone shot.
Can't wait to get them later this week :)
Penny and I even made it to the park. Weather is getting nice!
Such a sleepy girl! Couldn't get her up.
Talia thought she should be a Princess
And of course she should be one as well.
Had Penny's two week appointment this day then met up with Jason and the kids at the space and science Center. Kids loved it here. It was nice to get out and try something new as a family.
Penny was 8 lbs 7.5 oz. Almost back to birth weight. Think we have another petite girly on our hands.
Post family outing they did not nap and so someone decided to nap on me. He has been really great with Penny and just as sweet as Talia BUT he has really wanted me around. "Mommy come?" "Mommy play with me" "Mommy do it" he continually says. My kids have always been Mommy kids but he's taking it to another level with only wanting me to do his shoes, or play with him. I hope it's just a phase and I am grateful that he is NOT aggressive in the least bit to Penny or me. He just wants me. Not the baby anymore I guess?
Morning Love
To hot for sleepers. I haven't had a newborn in the summer before so I've always had them in sleepers or warmer clothes. It feels weird to be in short sleeves for just a onsie. But it sure is cute!
First time at church. It was cut short because Jace for the first time was crying all of nursery. Jason had to teach and I was not carrying him and Penny around. Just bazaar because Jace has NEVER cried at nursery and loves it. He never looks back. SO again I think it's just a new adjustment. Just weird because you'd expect he'd be aggressive or something but nope he's more sweet and just wants love.
Playing with Penny.
Jason even took them to the zoo. Richard and Leslie went as well. I think this was supposed to simulate a hurricane. Don't think they liked it ha!
So along with the zoo Jason took them to the Leduc pool which we love. I guess Jason got him Jace dressed and Jace was supposedly following him. All of a sudden the life guard picked Jace up and said, "He can't walk!" Jason was like what? Then he looked and Jason had put both Jace's legs in one leg hole. Ha! So funny!!!
What a great Dad and husband. He's had to put up with a lot of emotions and hormones this pregnancy and first week. It was so nice having him home and it's not like he gets paid to be off so thank you Jason for taking the time for us. We love him and we love our new little family of 5.
Now for real life. Jason is back today at work. It's +30 and I haven't even made it outside. I swear I was going to go on a walk, but the kids didn't eat their lunch. Oh well, after naps perhaps we'll make it out. Bring on the mommy guilt!


















No comments:
Post a Comment