Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Year's Eve

Jason worked in Panoka over night on New Year's Eve so we were on our own. The Heavenor's took Talia for a sleep over from the 30th to 31st, so Jace and I had a date day. We ended up staying home because he was pretty sick which we later found out to be croup. Anyways that evening we went to the Heavenor's and joined them for a little party at home.

Talia had so much fun at her sleep over and was a little tired and Jace was sick so our count down happened at 6:30 pm.

I went home, put the kids to bed, got a diet coke ready with ice, and Jace woke up wheezing and needing to be held upright to sleep. Worst night for croup because 1.) Jason wasn't home to get him meds or take him to the ER  where he works at for some steroids, 2.) it was New Year's Eve. Very limited options. Jace has had croup  4-5 times bad, but Talia was asleep and Jace needed those steroids.

My sister in law and Jason's brother who live 2 minutes away were still in Lethbridge, my siblings were out, and my parents out. Thankfully the lady who visit teaches me was home. I can't say enough about this lady. She never misses a month visiting teaching and I truly love her and her visits. My kids love her. She's amazing really! More on her on another post! Anyways she came over from 10 pm to 11:30 pm. Jace did so much better with the steroids and was able to sleep thankfully.

It was quite the night.

Ps. Look closely at the photo of Talia with the sparkler. Shows how much fun she's having... Kidding but was a funny catch?















3 comments:

Sheri said...

Great post catch up! Your kids are seriously so cute. I love that pic of J stuck on the kitchen cupboard handle ;)

Keep the posts coming.

Alysha Sladek said...

Sad!! Poor little guy. I hate croup! But glad he was able to get something that helped. And so nice you have a good visiting teacher. Such a great program we have

Amelia said...

Jace looks MISERABLE! Poor dude. And poor mommy!