Thursday, October 29, 2009

Who does Talia look like?

Unfortunately I didn't have time to scan a photo of just me... and being a twin that is hard to come by. I could have put up a photo of me when I was just a few hours old, as Talia and I do look a like as we both had bruising from the forceps, but those photos wouldn't be accurate.

Anyways Who does she look like? You be the Judge!

From left to right: Taren, Breanne, Kamry


From left to right: Taren, Breanne, Kamry ( I don't think this is a great photo of me but it does look like Talia a little. I'll try and find a better photo of just me)

Baby Talia at 1 month of age (skinny mini)


Talia at 1 week
Talia at 1 month

Jason


Jason


What's funny is Talia as a baby looks more like me (Kamry) than Jason BUT even more so she looks like both of our older sisters as a baby. The picture above is Breanne. Talia has a lot of her features, well I guess we should say Pizzey features. Since Talia was born I have been saying that she looks like me, but she sure does remind me of Breanne. I think this photo would be the one I would pick that looks most like Talia.

This is Jason's older sister Julie. This picture looks a lot like Talia. Talia doesn't look like her Dad as a baby but she does resemble Julie. We couldn't believe how much this photo of Julie resembled Talia.

So anyways I think it's fair to say that she looks more like her mom as a baby. Some people think I'm a little nuts in wanting her to look like me... well they're right! Everyone wants their kids to somewhat resemble them. I have nothing against Jason's looks, I think he's a very cute kid and I would be thrilled to have a baby look like him... but for the first kid I think it's pretty fun having people say she looks like you. So for all those saying she looks more like Jason... quit it! Okay I'm not that nuts, she is a good mixed. It'll be fun as she grows to see how much she'll change and see who she looks like. Regardless she hit the genetic jackpot, so she'll be cute no matter what!!!!!!!!!

Well an update on life. We've had many changes in our family. A baby girl, my brother got his mission call and a sudden, unexpected death of my cousin Brock. All these events have brought our family closer and strengthen my testimony of the gospel.

First everyone knows Talia was born. What a miracle! Jason and I were talking and having a baby start as a cell and growing to be a precious baby is truly a miracle. We've been blessed to be able to have a baby. I complained a lot about pregnancy and labor but as much as it was miserable (sometimes) I am grateful to have been able to carry our own baby and deliver her safely. We thank our Heavenly Father every day.
 
Second, on October 17th, 2009, my cousin Brock took his life. He will be greatly missed, but I firmly believe he is in a better place and has been released from his trials and pain. Our family is a very close family. We grew up doing family get togethers with our aunts, uncles, and cousins monthly. This was devastating for everyone close to Brock. He has struggled with severe drug addiction and attempted rehabilitation a few times and had not beat it. He spoke with many family members that morning and was going to come to my parents to help lay sod with the rest of the boys. My dad, his Mom and my aunt had all said he seemed like his normal cheerful self that morning. We believe it was a quick decision as no note was left and he just felt there was no way out. What I remember and love about Brock is that he was the most friendly and caring person. He would do anything for close friends and family. He made everyone feel like he was his best friend. Brock always brought a smile to your face. He had the biggest heart. You would know how true this was if you attended his funeral. There must have been about 1200 people there. The Bonnie Doon Stake Center was full all the way to the back, on the stage and people standing on the side. He had so many people who loved him. I believe I will see him again, and our family will be together again. I believe my Grandpa (who passed away 3 years ago of cancer) is with Brock and teaching him. Our Heavenly Father is a loving and caring Father and He is a just God. I love Brock and will truly miss him.

His Obituary:
On Saturday, October 17th, our beloved son, brother, nephew and friend to so many set aside the burdens he carried in this life to cross through to the loving arms of those who have preceded him. Brock was born February 23, 1983 in Edmonton, Alberta. He is survived by his mother Mari Pizzey, brothers Breton and Chase Walker, father and step-mother Jim and Sandra Walker and brother Rhease Walker, nana Doreen Pizzey and grandfather Hank Walker, girlfriend Marie as well as numerous aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. Brock was a very charismatic and charming man. He had a huge heart, a bigger smile, and a natural love for others. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.

from left to right: Breton, Mari, Brock and Chase

From left to right: Taren, Kelly (my mom), Kamry, Santa, Breanne, Breton, Brock


Pizzey Aunts and Uncles


Pizzey cousins (minus Marni and Epi)
 
Well the third event is my brother got his mission call!!!! He has been called to serve in the Salt Lake City, South mission. He is speaking English and reports February 17th. Most people are a little shocked when they open there mission call and they're going to Utah, BUT missions in Utah are among the highest baptising missions. Everyone that I've spoken to that goes to Utah LOVES their mission. I think those missions generally don't have a problem finding people to teach, and getting dinner appointments! Sounds awesome to me. I'm so excited for him! He's already been involved in so much missionary work here and I just know he'll be a great missionary! Congrats Blake!

5 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a blessing it is to have the gospel in our lives and then understanding that we have. Our thoughts and prayers are with you & your family.
And Talia is ADORABLE!!!! She's definitely a good mix of the 2 of you

Oler Family said...

That little Talia is a a doll! She is definately a Pizzey! I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin Kamry. That is so sad.

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, a lot is going on! Your baby is beautiful and TOTALLY looks like you!
I'm SO sorry to hear about your cousin. That would be extraordinarily difficult and I hope that you are all comforted.
Congrats on the mission call! My Uncle went to Salt Lake South. I actually lived in that mission later... it's a GREAT mission. I'm sure he'll love it too!

Amelia said...

Talia looks exactly like you!Did that make you happy?...with grown up jason's eyes, brows, and upper lip?? !:) You've got the nose, cheeks, and chin though. So 50 50. Imagine that. Don't worry, everyone says my kids all look like Justin. What do they know. HA! Give it time. The bath picture looks a little like Kara to me. They are cousins!

Julie said...

I'm so sorry about your cousin. When I hear such sad stories, I'm especially grateful for the gospel. Where did you get that baby picture of me? I don't know if I would have known it was me if you hadn't said so. I'm glad that Talia and I look alike, but am sure she'll turn out much more georgous with the Pizzey influence in her genes :)